Monday, May 8, 2017

I'm Graduated!!!

I AM A BIG KID.
AN ADULT.
A PROFESSIONAL.
Heidi & Jennie
She gets more pictures cause she is leaving and that makes me sad.
- - - - - - - - - -
I will be the first to admit that I didn't want to do the entire graduation thing.
Walking a crossed a stage with hundreds of strangers staring at me isn't exactly how I want to spend my time. When I told people I wasn't walking at graduation, some agreed with my decision while others were sad that I would be missing out on "the biggest college experience." I was told multiple times that I would regret not going. Me, being stubborn, was sure I wouldn't miss that experience. Looking back, I am still not sure if I would have regretted it, but I would have missed celebrating with my family and friends.
On Thursday, May 4th, I took the train one last time for my final final. (See what I did there?) I knew it wouldn't take long--ten minutes--so I was excited when Melissa told me she was in the library studying for her last final. We got to hang out on campus one last time.
My mom, sister, and grandma picked me up and we went shopping and ate food at Black Bear Diner. After lunch, I had a missed call and voicemail on my phone. The call was from Deseret First saying that I got the job in the Lending Processing Department. I was (am) so excited!
This is me accepting the position.
To kill time we went to The Puppy Barn. After that, we went to the UCCU Center to get ready for Commencement. I am so grateful that I had Alyssa for both of these ceremonies. It would have been painful with out a friend.
Heidi & Alyssa
Jennie, Mom, Heidi, Grandma
Commencement
Commencement was cooler/more fun that I thought it would be. The graduates lined up in the Woodbury Business Building which is about a half mile away from the UCCU Center. As we walked down in our lines, which stayed fairly organized--I was impressed, the professors were standing in the hall of flags and they cheered as we walked by. That kind of stuff makes me uncomfortable but it was a cool experience all the same.
The best part of Commencement was that fact that President Henry B. Eyring spoke. There are no words to express being in the same room as him and hearing him speak. I honestly remember few things that were said, but I am going to find a recording to re-watch it. I remember just feeling like the words spoken that night were made just for me.
The other cool/cheesy part of Commencement was switching the tassel from the right side to the left. Seriously so cheesy, but cool.
After Commencement we sped home because Jennie's mission call came! It was the perfect way to top off the day. She got called to the Virginia Richmond Mission, Spanish Speaking. She leaves August 2nd, and that makes me sad. But that is a totally different blog post.
- - - - - - - - - -
May 5th was Convocation. This is the day that most graduates take apart of. But honestly, after hearing Pres. Eyring speak, this day was kind of a let down. The speakers were just meh and we were all feeling anxious to receive our "diplomas." I had to overcome my fear of walking in front of strangers one more time.
Alyssa and Heidi
Convocation

Melissa, Heidi, Jennie, Dad
It was an exciting couple of days in the Anderson Household. So many changes are happening!
I am excited for what the future brings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment