Saturday, August 6, 2016

Turning Point

Who am I?
This question has been on my mind the past couple of months.
How do you explain yourself to a stranger?
How does your family and friends view you?
Are you living a life, that once you meet your maker you can say you are proud of who you've become?
* * *
My life has become very repetitious. Which isn't a bad thing. Most the time I prefer it because of my personality. But with the repetition, you lose yourself.
At least I know I did.
* * *
This summer I am taking three classes for school, working, and attending church. Those three classes are consuming my summer, and I am trying to work at DFCU and as a photographer. I got in a groove of finishing my classes for the week just in time for the next week to start. It was/is an endless cycle. 
 For a month or so I didn't feel like I was progressing. In any stage in life.
So what did I do? I went to the temple. I received personal revelation that life as I knew it was changing. I listened to a prompting and within days everything was in motion.
One second I was texting about an appointment with the Bishop and next thing I knew I was in his office to talk about receiving my endowments. I was on cloud 9, and he noticed. I left this meeting with direction. I was so excited for this next step. Of course I was nervous because this is a huge step, but the right one nonetheless.
I started attending the temple prep classes and reading the Preparing for the Holy Temple pamphlet. I have gone through the class before and I've read this pamphlet many times but this time, I saw them both through different eyes. It really is amazing how the Lord works. Even though I had done this prep before, it feels different when you have a date in mind and a temple picked out. It was a testimony builder for me. I was learning more because of my readiness to enter the temple.
* * *
Seven weeks went by. I had chosen my date and which temple I wanted to go through. The next step was telling those who would attend the endowment session with me. I think that telling Brandt and Meme was my favorite moment leading up to the temple session. They didn't know I was preparing for the temple, so it was a total surprise. Watching their faces light up will be a moment I cherish for the rest of my life.
* * * 
The week leading up to the "big day" was the hardest. I wanted to tell every single person I saw that I was going through the temple. But I also wanted to keep this little piece of gold all to myself. I felt ready, but at the same time I was scrambling to read everything about the temple. My feelings could be described as: anxious, excited, nervous, and comfort. All the extremes. Talking with Shaelee was a huge comfort, since she just went through these feelings last week. She gave me great advice that calmed my anxious heart.
* * * 
I have completed this journey, even though my journey has just begun. I am so grateful for all the support I have gotten during this time of my life. I am excited for what the future holds. This experience was something I can't put into words. So grateful that I can go back and remember the important promises made on this day.
Tyler, Christina, Keshia, Joseph, Brandt, Meme, Grandma L, Mom, Dad, Heidi *Not Pictured Grandma and Grandpa A. Strongly missed Grandpa L.
Mom, Dad, Heidi
8.6.16
Mount Timpanogos Temple

1 comment: