Friday, April 28, 2017

Last College Class

Yesterday I attended my last college class ever.
EVER.
When did I become a big kid?
I only had one class yesterday because my other classes got cancelled.
(Happy graduation to me!)
I barely missed the earlier train. I was bummed because I wanted to go home, but I was glad I had a chance to stay on campus just a little longer. I went to my spot in the Hall of Flags, pulled out a book, and people watched. My favorite pass time in college. It seemed fitting to end my college career in such a way. As I was walking out to the bus, I started to feel sad. I was leaving this life behind. Let me explain:
* * *
For a moment of my college career (mainly sophomore/junior year) I didn't talk to anyone at school. I could go a full day without saying a single word. Impressive, right? I was just going through the motions, trying to get done with school as fast as possible (i.e. early morning classes and online classes). I didn't put myself out there to meet people. But then, my senior year happened. I started having the same peers in my classes. I got to know people and now I can say I am leaving college with more friends than I left in high school!
* * *
Don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy to be done.
The clichés are true:
-there is a light at the end of the tunnel
-it feels so good to be done
-I made it!
-such an accomplishment
But at the same time, I am going to miss coming to campus. I'm going to miss *some* of my professors and the friends I have made. I'm going to miss hanging out in the hallway till my next class. I loved walking around campus at sunset.
Of course it helped that I didn't mind the commute (most of the time) and I enjoyed learning.
This sign just got put up. They replaced the one I'm used to seeing.
But all the same, bye sign that welcomed me to school everyday!
Goodbye building that I spent most my time in.
Stay tuned for a post on graduation!


No comments:

Post a Comment